Charlotte Party Rentals' Rental Protection Plan
Terms and Conditions
Rental Protection Fee is not insurance. The renter is responsible for any loss of or damage to the rented equipment and items and for their return in the same condition for which they were received, except for ordinary wear and tear. In Paying the Rental Protection Fee, Charlotte Party Rentals agrees to waive our right to recover from you the amount of loss or damage to the rented equipment and items. The following provisions and exclusions will apply.
- Rental items sustaining accidental damage are fully covered, with no deductible. The renters' liability for damage to the rented equipment will not be waived in the following circumstances:
- Damage resulting from negligence, abuse, and/or reckless operation.
- Damage resulting from neglect or failure to perform preventative maintenance (eg. Adjustments, lubrication, fluid level checks, fluid changes).
- Damage to tires or rubber tracks.
- Damage to trailers resulting from loading, unloading, or transporting.
- Damage to equipment/items in transit.
- Items not used in accordance with the manufacturer's operating instructions.
- Any use or conduct that is in violation of the Rental Contract.
Theft and Vandalism
Rented items are covered for theft and vandalism. The renters liability for loss of or damage to rented equipment will not be waived unless all with the following provisions are met:
- Loss of rental items are subject to a $2500 deductible per item.
- There is no coverage for loss due to conversion, or failure to comply with the terms of the Rental Contract.
- Coverage requires that the renter must notify law enforcement authorities and Charlotte Party Rentals within twenty-four hours of the discovery of a loss. Coverage also requires that a copy of the police report be submitted to Charlotte Party Rentals within twenty-four hours of its availability.
Requirements to Decline
A Certificate of Insurance that identifies Charlotte Party Rentals or Party Time Events LLC as Loss Payee on your equipment policy and as an Additional Insured on your General Liability Policy must be submitted prior to rental, otherwise purchase of Rental Protection Fee will be required.